18 June 2007

Day on the Docks

So... originally I didn't want to go to Greece, but now I love it. Arrived in Crete today and took a bus from Iraklio to Hania in the west. Spent a day at the marketplace on the harbor. Beautiful. When I come back to Europe, ancient Corinth and Hania,Crete are on my list of places to go. This is such a beautiful place but I am so damn tired. I was too sleepy to take ictures in some places, so sucks to be you. Pbfthpthpt.

However, I got some more pics waiting to be uploaded (in the process) What I do upload is only a fracion of what I've aken, so more to come when I arrive back in the states.

I feel like I'm about to die. Sunburn all over and my right calf muscle is torn up from ascending up mountains, abrasions on the heels of my feet from my shoes, sore shoulders and soles from lugging...um...luggage. Stuff like that. Luckily, a man named Constantino was walking around looking for guests to stay at his newly owned family hotel. He gave us a ride over there and only charged us 50 Euros a night for a spacious room w/ kitchenette.

My mom and aunt keep on tryin gto pronounce the names of the cities and I swear it's a new word everytime they say it. Pireaus, to them, is pronounced: Poros, Paras, Paris, Iriae, Prius....etc. Ah well. Tomorrow I go to more beaches on Hania. After that we go to Patras to catch a ferry to Italy. Until the next internet kiosk....

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Sunblock! DUH!

Unknown said...

We didn't have any with us.