24 June 2007

Recap!

Ok. So the past week has been screwy, like this German keyboard. The Z and Y are switched and thats just the least of the problems.

So, from Greece we took a ferry overnight to Bari, Italy. Then we were going to take a 7 hr. train ride to Rome, but mom didn't want to pay 45€ for it. Instead she jumped on some random train without wondering if that costed too. It did. We paid 24€. Then mom changed her mind and decided on going to Milan. Then she changed her mind again and decided she wanted to go to Zurich, Switzerland. She was confusing the hell out of the conductors so I talked to them using the little Latin I knew to understand them.

When we got to Italy, a country wide strike had just started. It would last for 24 hours. That meant we couldn't go anywhere in or out of the country. It was not a good day for me at all. Then we found a train that was secretly going to Paris. We took it and paid 75€ but by that time my mom didn't care.

When we got to Paris my mom did her usual running off without knowing where she was going and we kept on getting lost. I finally lost my cool and yelled at here. She gave me the "Fine. You do it and let's see how YOU do..." talk. We saw the Arc de Triomphe, Tour Eiffel, Notre Dame, the Louvre, the Sienne River, and I even found us a bank so we could exchange our money. We onlz had 5€ left. We only had 6 hours to spend in France before we had to move on to Germany.I'd say I did pretty well. France was suprisingly nice. I didn't have that good of luck the last two times I was there. This time around it was excellent. I guess it was just because my mom doesn't rub off too well with some people.

From there we took an overnight trip to Berlin. I only ran out for 15 mins to take some pictures then I stayed inside the station (Hauptbahnhoff) so we didn't have to pay 25€ for luggage storage if we were only going to stay there for a few hours.

Now I'm in Frankfurt. We'll be here for the next few days. There are even more pictures that I took that arenät on Facebook, but they're on my mom's camera so you'll just have to wait until I go home. There are also some beautiful sights that I didn't take a picture of at all so you'll just have to come to Europe with me the next time I go. Pbtphtpht.

Since I skipped so much, ask me about these when I get home: Shabir, Grigori, Dewayne and Rachelle, Ben, Flamboyancy in Berlin, sandcastles, Heinz and Tess, Benjamin and Paulie, food, and Knossos.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

YAY FOR FRANCE!!!
GO ZIZOU!!!

(Oh, and I got the NEW PARAMORE CD!!! HELLZ YEAH!)